Add voices and languages:
NOTE! If a student uses headphones, these need to be connected before the exam starts for it to work during the exam.
In the top left corner next to the settings icon you will see a speaking figure (see Figure 1). If you press this icon while you have text marked, it will then be read out loud. Text to speech is also possible on PDF documents and websites.
The standard voice is English when you start DigiExam, but you can change this in settings. With Windows and Mac/iPad you have access to following languages: *English, French, German, Spanish.
Add voices and languages
1. Open System Preferences, by clicking on the System Preferences in the Dock or by Apple menu > System Preferences.
2. Open Accessibility.
3. Then select Speech.
4. Select the System Voice pop-up menu and choose Customize....
5. Select the checkboxes of the voices you would like to add. To find a voice, enter its name, country, or language in the search field. To sample a voice, select it and click play. When you have chosen the voices you want to download press OK. The voices appear in the menu when the download is complete.
Next time you start DigiExam you can use these new voices and languages. (*English dialects won't work in DigiExam. Ex: Indian English, Australian, Welsh, etc.)
Link to guide: Add voices and languages.
In order to download other voices, please follow the guide below.
- Open this link.
- Click on Download and choose 86x (32-bit) version
- Click Next and it will download.
- When the download is done run the file and install (this file is needed for additional voices to work with DigiExam).
You can then choose which languages and voices you want to download:
- Open this link.
- Click on Download and then choose what voices/languages you would like to download (it's important that you download the files named MSSpeech_TTS and not MSSpeech_SR).