The video shows how Teams can be used in DigiExam
The Teams feature is supported on PC, Mac and Chromebook.
DigiExam supports Microsoft Teams to be used in an exam during the device lockdown mode. Please note that there are no limitations in Teams functionality besides the prevention of copying text from an external source to the DigiExam text editor.
Students can use all the functionality provided to them in Teams, but in a locked environment during the exam.
The feature is allowed in the exam settings:
1. Take an exam with video monitoring in Teams
Students can start Teams and join a Teams meeting in the DigiExam client before starting the exam. After joining the meeting, they can start the exam like they normally would with the meeting link still active in the background. A teacher or exam supervisor can monitor the students in the Teams meeting before starting the exam and during the exam.
An exam with Teams enabled could be started using the following steps:
1. A teacher allows Teams to be used in an exam
2. A teacher activates the exam by scheduling a start from the Exams library to generate an examID. (A scheduled exam will generate an examID, but students won't be able to start the exam until it's scheduled to start or the teacher initiates a start by clicking Start exam in the monitoring view.)
3. The examID can be communicated to the students and they can join the Teams meeting in the DigiExam client.
Students can find the examID and start Teams in the DigiExam client
Students can join the Teams meeting in the DigiExam client
Students can join a Teams meeting in the DigiExam client
4. A teacher can await the scheduled start for the exam or initiate a start by clicking Start exam in the exam overview. When the students click on the Teams icon or hide the Teams window, the exam can be started.
Start the exam with a Teams meeting in the background
5. When the exam's started the Teams icon is available in the top menu and the students are in the Teams meeting during the exam.
6. Teams can be shown/hidden by the student in the exam clicking the Teams icon.
2. Using Teams in a device lockdown mode
DigiExam can be used for a lockdown environment of Teams on the students' device, only allowing students to use Teams during an exam. For example, during a lesson or an assignment where students can access other applications in the Teams-channel like Onenote and Word.
3. Supported URL's for login
The current supported/allowed URL's for login to Teams in the DigiExam client are:
If the Organization/School use another domain (E.g. edu.school.com) for login, the student account won't be able to login correctly to Teams prior to starting the exam.
There's a possibility to allow a login to Teams in the actual exam by adding the Organization/Schools domain/URL (E.g. edu.school.com) in a question instead. By adding a question with a link to the login URL using the Add media feature, students can log in to Teams in the exam instead of before starting the exam:
1. Allow Teams to be used in the exam
2. Create a first question where students can log in to Teams using the Add media link (E.g. edu.school.com) as a single web page
3. Give the instruction for login and start the exam
4. Students' start the exam in the DigiExam client and can log in to Teams in the exam.