The Proctoring tool is integrated into the DigiExam client and allows an additional layer of reliability for remote examinations.
The school or organization decides how the Remote Proctoring features will be configured and used during exams. Depending on which settings are enabled, different data will be processed by DigiExam. The ability to choose how to configure the Remote Proctoring tool is there to meet the variety of data protection requirements that a school or organization might have.
- What does the DigiExam Remote Proctoring service do?
- What do I do if I fail the Equipment check?
- How do I know if my computer meets your technical requirements?
- Identity Verification
- Additional mobile camera
What does the DigiExam Remote Proctoring service do?
It offers an automated proctoring tool integrated into the DigiExam client with behavioral trackers such as monitoring the webcam, audio, and exam feed to ensure exam integrity.
The exams can be proctored live and are also recorded with automated flags for certain behaviors. Together with additional tools for analysis, a detailed report is generated from the proctored exam session.
If in use, DigiExam conducts a system check which tests your web camera, microphone and screen recording. Click on Check System in the Exam interface.
What do I do if I fail the Equipment check?
Windows -> System settings -> Privacy settings ->
Windows -> Privacy settings -> Allow desktop apps to use Camera, Microphone and Screen recording
How do I know if my computer meets your technical requirements?
No additional system requirements in the DigiExam client besides the equipment check are needed. If you have the DigiExam client installed on your device and can take the Demo exam, you can take an exam with Remote Proctoring.
Remote proctoring is supported on Windows, Mac and Chromebook.
If in use, an Identity Verification can be completed in two steps: Face photo and Photo-ID
1. Face photo takes a high-resolution photo of the student taking the exam. The image is used to match against the student profile in the proctoring view.
2. Photo-ID takes a high-resolution photo of the student's photo-ID or passport
Additional mobile camera
If in use, it requires you to add a mobile/smartphone camera to the session in addition to the webcam. Connect a mobile/smartphone camera to the session using the QR code and place it according to your instructions.
1. A QR code is presented to activate the additional camera
2. Scan the QR code on your smartphone and place the smartphone according to the instructions from your school or organization.
3. When the exam is handed in, close the browser.