In connection with the update for the autumn 2020, new student accounts need to be activated in certain cases. If students try to start an exam without having an account or an activated account, these messages are displayed in the client. Below we explain the different situations:
- Existing student accounts that continue in the same school/university are not affected by these changes.
- New student accounts, ie. an email address that does not have a DigiExam account does not need to be activated. Students receive an email, in which a password needs to be created (Set password, figure 1) to be able to log in via the web and see done exams, results and feedback.
- Students who already have an account with DigiExam, but will be registered with an email under a new organization, receive an email with instructions to activate the account. By clicking on Activate my account (figure 2), students give permission to the school/university to process the account's data and thereafter will then be able to take exams with the new organization. This must be done before the first exam, otherwise the student will not be able start the exam online.
Message in the client
Students see a pop-up message in the client when trying to start an exam if they do not have an active account.
- No student account found (figure 3)
- Student account not activated yet (figure 4)